Student Complaint Process

Informal Process

With the exception of federally mandated programs such as the Title IX complaints regarding Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence, a student with a complaint regarding a matter associated with Kansas City Kansas Community College is encouraged to begin with an informal process. In brief, this means discussing the matter with the faculty or staff of the department where the issue originated and only escalating it to their supervisor, or dean of the division if not resolved. In most cases, complaints can be resolved through this informal process. See this link to locate the Academic Divisions

Formal Process

If still unresolved after following the informal complaint process, the student may choose to file a formal complaint by following a specific procedure.  All student complaints are filed in the Office of the Dean of Student Services as a way to provide a consistent location for students to access to seek assistance and potential remedy.  Given the myriad of complaints, the Dean of Student Services is charged with the responsibility of listening to the students concern, providing feedback, and making appropriate referrals to other campus offices in an effort to resolve the complaint.  In instances where a complaint may be about a student, such as in an alleged violation of the Student Code of Conduct, the Dean of Student Services investigates the complaint and provides the student with full and complete due process.  This procedure is addressed in the KCKCC Student Handbook.  Students should contact Student Affairs for grade appeals, grievances, or other matters where a student is dissatisfied.  NOTE: Title IX Complaints or “Reports” regarding sexual harassment and/or sexual violence, should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator.  To file a complaint, use the following forms, send an email or call (913) 288-7691 to the Dean of Student Services. 

For grievances or complaints not covered above, please use the InTouch system at: 1-844-KCKCC-85 (1-844-525-2285) or at the KCKCC website  or InTouch website.
If you are an online student and you do not feel your issue was addressed by KCKCC internal process, you can contact the State Portal agency at:
You can locate the Kansas SARA Complaint form directly at:  The State of Kansas State Portal Agency for SARA, the Kansas Board of Regents via the SARA Complaint Form or by mail at 1000 SW Jackson, Suite 520, Topeka, Kansas.

Contact Information

© Kansas City Kansas Community College
7250 State Avenue | Kansas City, KS 66112 | 913-334-1100
An Equal Opportunity Educational Institution
Contact | Accessibility | KCKCC Statements

KS Degree Stats